From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified DEPENDENCIES concept
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 18:47:55
1 On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 19:31:16 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 20:23:23 +0200
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > > I can't agree unless I am missing something. Doesn't the majority of
7 > > ebuilds actually require most of DEPEND (well, the part common with
8 > > RDEPEND) to be installed on the target? I'm thinking of the shared
9 > > libraries mostly.
10 >
11 > "The part common with RDEPEND" is a different issue. We're talking
12 > about what the usual thing to do is for dependencies that are in
13 > DEPEND but not RDEPEND. A typical example here is a binary that is
14 > executed as part of the build process.
15
16 Thanks for keeping me on the topic.
17
18 Now, let me remind you because you probably fail to know the world
19 outside your dreamworld:
20
21 (with HDEPEND/DEPEND) generally mean that we would need to
22 s/DEPEND/HDEPEND/ for the vast majority of ebuilds (ie all the trivial
23 ones)?
24
25 That does effectively refer to the common depends as well. You know, in
26 the real world where there is no magical variables which do miracles
27 behind your back.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny