From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified DEPENDENCIES concept
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 18:56:18
1 On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 20:46:48 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > Now, let me remind you because you probably fail to know the world
4 > outside your dreamworld:
5 >
6 > (with HDEPEND/DEPEND) generally mean that we would need to
7 > s/DEPEND/HDEPEND/ for the vast majority of ebuilds (ie all the
8 > trivial ones)?
9 >
10 > That does effectively refer to the common depends as well. You know,
11 > in the real world where there is no magical variables which do
12 > miracles behind your back.
13
14 Uhm, no, it doesn't. Things in both DEPEND and RDEPEND are an
15 *entirely* different case when it comes to destinations, since RDEPEND
16 goes to ROOT.
17
18 The distinction between DEPEND and HDEPEND is relevant only for
19 dependencies that are not also in RDEPEND.
22 Ciaran McCreesh