From: Yannick Koehler <yannick.koehler@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/init.d
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:13:39
1 Ric Mesier wrote:
2 > Yannick,
3 > I appreciate your argument, but you can't equate a start-up script with
4 > a binary. Yes, the binary is critical but it isn't likely to be
5 > custom-altered like a start-up script might be. If I emerge package, I
6 > expect the binaries to be altered. If I created a customer rc script,
7 > then I want to be the one to clobber it, not have the emerge clobber it.
8 > This whole argument may well be irrelevant anyway. If you want to have
9 > the scripts clobbered, then feel free to export CONFIG_PROTECT="". It
10 > seems to be very nicely flexible in this fashion -- more of the genius
11 > of the portage system.
12 >
13 > Ric
16 Actually what I was looking for is a way to exclude /etc/init.d forever.
17 But keeping the protection on /etc.
18
19 Yannick Koehler