From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:29:53
1 On Thursday 21 August 2003 03:16, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 >
3 > Honestly, I would love to see 3 CD "sets" from Gentoo.
4 >
5 > 1) An install CD, with *nothing* but the essentials to install. It
6 > should have maximum driver support and minimal anything else. I would
7 > think it should only have a stage1 tarball.
8
9 And this one should only have one version per arch too. For x86 it should be
10 compiled with -march=i386 or -march=i486, to be able to run on everything (it
11 is only for install), as the optimizations don't matter for such a cd.
14 > 2) A "large" Live CD with the common tools and a nice GUI, this would
15 > also be useful as a install CD, since it would have (at least) the
16 > stage1 tarball.
17 >
18 I imagine this would be the rescue cd kind of cd too
19
20 > 3) The full GRP CD set with all of the pre-compiled packages and all
21 > three stages.
22
23 Paul
26 Paul de Vrieze