From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: python@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [New eclass] twisted-r1.eclass
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 15:12:52
1 Hello,
2
3 We've been working with yac for a while to get the old twisted.eclass
4 converted to be compliant with distutils-r1 both in design
5 and in spirit. This is the first version we'd like to submit for review.
6
7 A few notes:
8
9 1. The eclass aims to be less conditional than the old one. Especially
10 we've dropped all the ${CATEGORY}/${PN} checks. The code still sets all
11 the funny defaults for Twisted suite but those aren't incremental
12 and can easily be overrode in ebuilds. And in most cases, they simple
13 are (SRC_URI, LICENSE).
14
15 2. The eclass comes with a pure bash-3.2 CamelCase converter
16 for changing PNs like 'twisted-foo' into 'TwistedFoo'. The relevant
17 code can be moved to eutils as portable replacements for bash-4 ${foo^}
18 and friends.
19
20 3. The eclass provides a reusable twisted-r1_python_test and sets it as
21 default python_test. If someone needs to override it, he can still call
22 it using the former name.
23
24 4. Cache updating hack is based off twisted.eclass. Sadly, it's not
25 something we can do without postrm/postinst. Similarly to the old
26 eclass, TWISTED_PLUGINS needs to list the plugin locations. Since most
27 ebuilds install to twisted.plugins, it defaults to that. If an ebuild
28 does not install plugins at all, it needs to set empty TWISTED_PLUGINS.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny

twisted-r1.eclass text/plain