From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package file name requirement for binary ebuilds
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 16:10:41
1 On 10/17/2016 01:43 AM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 >
3 > There is also no particular policy that I am aware of for ensuring
4 > packages are designed to be built from source first and foremost.
5
6 If all you're looking for is something to cite, then binary packages run
7 afoul of most of our existing QA and security guidelines:
8
9 * There are no USE flags to govern optional dependencies.
10
11 * CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, etc. are not respected.
12
13 * Certain compiler features (for example, stack-smashing protection)
14 are sidestepped.
15
16 * Dependencies are bundled or statically linked.