From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-client/chromium gtk3 support
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:51:08
1 > And its absolutely OK for a maintainer to close the bug as WONTFIX after a
2 > lively discussion.
3
4 Absolutelly yes. And it is users right to go and make that theyself (either in
5 overlay or by proxymaint).
6
7 The key of mystatement was in that NOBODY in Gentoo can (at least, should not
8 have the power to be able to) dictate which features mainainers (which is most
9 of the time are users of maintained packages) should maintain, and which they
10 shall exclude. Maximum censorship is about ebuilds coding quality. But nobody
11 ever should try to dictate "we should drop baselayout, because of systemd",
12 "we should drop one toolkit becouse of another", and so on.
15 Best regards,
16 mva