From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lua upgrade plan
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 12:19:04
1 > excellent LuaDist
2 I'd not say it is excellent :( I'd rather say "NIH-syndromed"
3
4 > Why Lua can't have same eclass as multislotted Python or Ruby?
5 > Lua ecosystem not so big, about 500 packages
6 > so why there no even little efforts to make Lua support in Gentoo better?
7
8 Well... Actually, it does. In Lua overlay. But mgorny (?) had a bunch of
9 critics about it, so I just keeping it in Lua overlay and not proposing it to
10 the gentoo repo anymore (I just have not enough time to rewrite it in the way
11 it will pass mgorny's review :).