From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About adding a *warning* to remind maintainers to check for new PYTHON_COMPAT values
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:02:03
1 On 10/07/17 12:43, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El lun, 10-07-2017 a las 13:12 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand escribió:
3 >> On 07/10/2017 01:04 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
4 >>> Any issues on trying to go further into implementing this warning?
5 >> Not an issue per se, but it should be pointed out that python 3.5 only
6 >> has a testing visibility, so this at the very least requires maintainers
7 >> to potentially have a separate testing chroot/VM to test when adding the
8 >> compat.
9 >>
10 > Yes, but it's similar as the cases when we need to fix our packages to work with
11 > a newer library they depend on. In this case it would be even easier as we can
12 > have multiple python versions and switch to the newer one for testing while
13 > going back to the stable one (if preferred) later.
14 >
15 Is this something that could be aided any by the tinderbox'ing project?