From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About adding a *warning* to remind maintainers to check for new PYTHON_COMPAT values
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 11:43:56
1 El lun, 10-07-2017 a las 13:12 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand escribió:
2 > On 07/10/2017 01:04 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > Any issues on trying to go further into implementing this warning?
4 >
5 > Not an issue per se, but it should be pointed out that python 3.5 only
6 > has a testing visibility, so this at the very least requires maintainers
7 > to potentially have a separate testing chroot/VM to test when adding the
8 > compat.
11 Yes, but it's similar as the cases when we need to fix our packages to work with
12 a newer library they depend on. In this case it would be even easier as we can
13 have multiple python versions and switch to the newer one for testing while
14 going back to the stable one (if preferred) later.