From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Thinking Ahead: thoughts on pascal stuff
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:06:33
1 Hi Chris.
2
3 I'd put #1 and really defining:
4 just how many packages are talking about here?
5 For what I know about there wouldn't be that much. BTW, there is gpc as
6 well ;), which is gcc based and is striving to be as much standards compliant
7 as possible (Standard Pascal, Extended pascal and few more recent additions).
8
9 Overall for the packages I am aware of (that'd be gpc and fpc in the tree
10 right now, possibly grx and one or two other libs to be added later) I am not
11 so sure there is a need for a separate category or a herd. Right now it
12 should go under lang-misc (herd), which I created specifically for variety of
13 lang-related but scattered in belonging packages. However if you can think of
14 5-7+ packages to populate new category (bear in mind, according to present
15 agreement gpc and fpc should stay under dev-lang, Pascal related pacjages
16 which are not compilers (libs or other stuff) would then go under dev-pascal)
17 and are willing to take on active maintainership of the category and head the
18 herd, I say go right ahead ;).
19
20 George
21