From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects without a homepage, and valid contents of HOMEPAGE (per bug 239268)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 07:47:27
1 On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 08:49:04 +0200
2 Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I think the suggestion is to have one generic homepage for all
5 > packages without one, not a Gentoo-specific homepage for each project.
6
7 +1
8
9 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/abandoned/
10
11 Put that in all ebuilds for packages with no homes to go to. Then, do
12 something very smart where the page automatically assembles a list
13 of those packages, and explains how they have been taken under Gentoo's
14 developers' wings. :)
15
16 We could perhaps do something similar for no-herd in metadata.xml...
17 make herds.xml actually list the no-herd herd with some kind of
18 explanation...
21 Kind regards,
22 JeR