From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OT Foundation <-> Council was -> Nominations for council
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 21:13:47
1 On 15:53 Fri 06 Jun , William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/about.shtml
3 >
4 > "The FreeBSD Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated
5 > to supporting the FreeBSD Project."
6 >
7 > It's clear the that BSD Foundation is directly tied to the BSD project.
8 > I am not sure what you are reading to thing otherwise.
9
10 I looked through the articles of incorporation and the bylaws, under the
11 documents section of their website. Nowhere is mentioned anything
12 related to how the project itself is governed. It's very much a
13 boilerplate template saying "we're a nonprofit related to computers, and
14 that's about it."
15
16 Thanks,
17 Donnie