From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 06:50:05
1 On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:35:49 -0500 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > Gentoo needs the EAPI/PMS spec ... if spb/ciaranm have changed the
4 > goal of the spec from Gentoo package manager to paludis specific,
5 > then we spb isnt doing what was asked of him and we need to review
6 > that as well
7
8 There is absolutely nothing Paludis specific in PMS. Nor is there
9 anything Pkgcore specific, and the only Portage specific content is
10 where we feel it's necessary to explain *why* something is a particular
11 way when that why is down to a Portage quirk.
14 Ciaran McCreesh
15 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
16 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
17 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/