From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:30:32
1 On Tuesday 27 December 2005 18:44, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Can you prove it, for the "allow USE and version cycling" case? (Hint:
3
4 O.k, let m treat you as a the hot potato that you're Ciaran:
5
6 - We speak about ebuilds, which are installed and need to be reinstalled.
7 There is no version cycling (or I do not get what you're after, please
8 explain in that case).
9
10 - Changed use flags will be processed by the normal dependency calculation of
11 the ebuilds to be rebuilt which may lead to additional dependencies or
12 blockers. It could also be that some ebuilds are installed, which do not
13 exist in the repository anymore.
14
15 > you may find the PCP somewhat useful...)
16
17 PCP - pretty colored potato? I don't know the abbreviation. Please explain it
18 and whatelse I miss in your eyes.
21 Carsten