From: Matt Tucker <tuck@×××××××××××××.net>
To: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] netfilter's owner & --id-owner problem
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:57:54
1 -- Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com> spake thusly:
2
3 > I'm a newbie with iptables. I've reading a few docs, and also
4 > netfilter's mailing list archives.
5 >
6 > I need to block certain user(s) access to the net, so that he/she
7 > thinks the internet is down.
8 > I can do this globally without problem, yet with the 'owner' module it
9 > should be pretty easy to achieve what I want since the user will be
10 > using the same machine the iptables rule will be running on (a single
11 > desktop PC). Later on I probably add the time patch, but at the moment
12 > I only need to block completely the access.
13 <snip>
14
15 I don't know the answer to this question, but I would say that the
16 netfilter mailing list <netfitler@×××××××××××××××.org> would be a much
17 better place to submit your question than the Gentoo development list.
18 You probably wouldn't even have to subscribe; just mention in the email
19 that you're not on the list and ask to be directly included in any
20 replies.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list