From: expose@×××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planning for automatic assignment of bugs
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:08:43
1 Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > That aside, I like having myself in the metadata alongside the herd, to
3 > point out that I am the primary maintainer within the herd for the
4 > package in question. It is also useful for others so that when they have
5 > questions about the package, they know who to approach on IRC or whatever.
6 As far as I understand it, wouldnt making you the first maintainer in the list
7 but adding 'contact=0' and a comment that you are the primary maintainer
8 within the herd, and then following the herd as the maintainer the bug is to
9 be actually assigned to fix this?
10 Naturally most users will read your comment first as it is at the top of the
11 file, thus know that you are the one to be contacted in case of random
12 questions, but the herd will still be the bugzilla account the bug is
13 assigned to.
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list