From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planning for automatic assignment of bugs
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:51:39
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Case 2 - Metadata contains a single maintainer
3 > ----------------------------------------------
4 > - The herd field is not used.
5 > - The maintainer address is used as the bugzilla assignee.
6
7 At least for some packages I'm involved with, this will result in me
8 deleting myself from metadata.xml (but I'd rather not do so).
9
10 I like these bugs to go to the herd, not me directly. I get the bug mail
11 anyway (I'm in the herd) but sometimes other herd members who see the
12 mail jump in and help resolve the bug, for which I'm very grateful.
13
14 That aside, I like having myself in the metadata alongside the herd, to
15 point out that I am the primary maintainer within the herd for the
16 package in question. It is also useful for others so that when they have
17 questions about the package, they know who to approach on IRC or whatever.
18
19 Apart from those small concerns, I like the idea of what you are proposing.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Daniel
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list