From: Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>
To: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev List <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] earch, latest version tool
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:16:19
1 On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 02:32, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o> [04/10/30 22:54 +0200]:
3 > > The archs keywords are not sorted, though, since I don't think it serves any
4 > > purpose. (But it can be done, quite easily)
5 > According to the last manager-meeting, the first mentioned
6 > arch in an ebuild should be the maintainer arch. So they
7 > currently fulfill a purpose. But we also talked about
8 > adding the maintainer arch to the metadata.xml.
9
10 Well it is a maintainer tool, unless someone was heavily drinking (and
11 in that case, stay away from the tree...) I think the maintainer should
12 know his arch...
13
14 > Nice tool! Thanks. Would be nicer if you can use it like
15 > etcat -v <package> without changing into the correct
16 > directory :)
17
18 I've uploaded a new version to my dev page to do just - that if you
19 supply an argument it'll work on PORTDIR/category/package, if invoked
20 without args, it scans the current dir.
21
22 $ earch net-analyzer/rrdtool
23 rrdtool-1.0.45-r2: ia64
24 rrdtool-1.0.47: alpha hppa amd64
25 rrdtool-1.0.48: ~sparc
26 rrdtool-1.0.49: ppc ~amd64 ~hppa x86 ~ia64 ~alpha sparc
30 Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>