From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-video/undvd: undvd-0.3.0.ebuild metadata.xml ChangeLog Manifest
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:46:54
1 On Sunday 16 December 2007 08:13:49 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 17:46 Fri 14 Dec , Greg Kroah-Hartman (gregkh) wrote:
3 > > pkg_setup() {
4 > > einfo "Checking mplayer for USE flags we need..."
5 > > for f in "encode dvd x264 mp3"; do
6 > > if ! built_with_use media-video/mplayer $f; then
7 > > eerror "$f"
8 > > die "mplayer merged without $f USE flag"
9 > > fi
10 > > done
11 >
12 > Does this actually work as you want? I'd be surprised. Quoting the whole
13 > thing should treat it as a single flag with spaces and only run through
14 > the loop once.
15 >
16 > It should only coincidentally work because built_with_use() takes any
17 > number of flags and loops through them, but I doubt it prints the single
18 > missing flag as you intend.
19
20 Indeed it works because $f isn't quoted and built_with_use handles a list just
21 fine. Just the for loop is pointless. Fixing it to check only one use flag at
22 a time, however, is a horrible idea because it risks telling the user to
23 recompile mplayer four times each adding another use flag. There really is no
24 reason not to just show the full list of required flags if one of them is
25 missing but if you really want to at least move the die out of the loop.
28 Bo Andresen