From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] make_desktop_entry in eutils.eclass
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 04:39:53
1 On Tuesday 30 January 2007 16:10, Jim Ramsay wrote:
2 > In other words, I propose that this function should probably do
3 > 'basename' on $exec before using it for the .desktop filename.
4
5 no ... the point of using $exec is to make sure the .desktop file is unique
6
7 i'll change it to sanitize the filename and turn them into underscores
8
9 > I propose an optional environment variable an ebuild can set before
10 > calling make_desktop_entry, called "DESKTOP_BASENAME", which would be
11 > the basename of the file (not including the .desktop suffix) that the
12 > function would use (if set) to create the file.
13
14 env vars to functions are lame
15
16 > 3 - Allow me to add other important settings like 'NoDisplay',
17 > 'OnlyShowIn', and/or 'MimeType'.
18
19 at this point, you might as well write your own .desktop file
20 -mike