From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:16:17
1 On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 10:24 +0100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > Most people that complain are probably misinformed about the usefulness of
3 > stages 1 and 2. They are really only useful if you know what you're doing
4 > and don't really need the handbook that much. Those users should be able
5 > to find the alternative installation docs. I do agree however that there
6 > should be some link to the relevant documentation from the handbook.
7
8 There is a link. It was in since the docs were moved. Also, I plan on
9 working with the documentation team to come up with an "Advanced
10 Installation Topics" type guide that will not only give information on
11 the lower stages, but also how to make a "stage1 install" from a stage3
12 tarball. It will likely also cover things like Hardened, provided they
13 want it that way.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
18 x86 Architecture Team