From: John David Ratliff <jdratlif@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild creation assistance...
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 02:57:37
1 Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2
3 >On Sat, 8 May 2004, John David Ratliff wrote:
4 >Check the docs on the Gentoo site for nameing convention. I ran into this
5 >on an ebuild - currently emerge can't handle some of the names that are
6 >used. As long as the various ${P} ${PN} variables get set correctly in
7 >the ebuild you and change the name as you suggest. Whether or not it
8 >works depends on how the source you're getting it from stores it. I had
9 >one where the source needed the extra version info to retrieve it properly
10 >but portage wouldn't handle it
13 Yes. I missed the word integer before. It doesn't seem there is anyway
14 to specify this revision 1 except in -r1, which seems reserved for
15 Gentoo Linux specifics. I will just drop the r1 I suppose.
16
17 John Ratliff
20 > > Brett I. Holcomb
21 >wrote: >
24 >>>To just create an ebuild you don't need to check out the portage tree.
25 >>>
26 >>>
27 >>>
28 >>>
29 >>>
30 >>Thanks. This is mostly what I have done.
31 >>
32 >>Another question. What is wrong with this name for an ebuild
33 >>
34 >>tigcc-0.95_beta8r1.ebuild
35 >>
36 >>The version is 0.95 beta 8r1 (This is what they call it).
37 >>
38 >>Remove the r1, and there are no problems. Should I just change it to
39 >>maybe tigcc-0.95_beta8.ebuild
40 >>
41 >>Thanks...