From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild creation assistance...
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 03:10:29
1 On Saturday 08 May 2004 19:57, John David Ratliff wrote:
2 > Yes. I missed the word integer before. It doesn't seem there is anyway
3 > to specify this revision 1 except in -r1, which seems reserved for
4 > Gentoo Linux specifics. I will just drop the r1 I suppose.
5
6 What are the chances of getting r2 and actually needing it in portage (rather
7 than beta9 or even release, that is)? If it is quite likely that r2 will be
8 needed, then you might consider adding it as r81 or even r081, if more than
9 r9 is likely to be created. Otherwise just dropping the r1 should be safe of
10 course
11 .
12 Yea, its getting complicated :), but I've been bitten by a few packages with
13 weird ideas on versioning and it is usually not very easy to "correct" your
14 shortcut if you want to keep the right secuence of majority when some new
15 unanticipated element in package version comes up...
16
17 George
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list