From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What would Freud say? New developer; Mike Kelly!
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:05:35
1 On Tuesday 05 September 2006 17:22, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
2 > Hailing from Pittsburgh, PA, the cognitive science department at
3 > Carnegie Mellon University comes Mike Kelly aka pioto.
4
5 Hi pioto (say, is there some kind of "Mike" conspiracy going down now?)
6
7 > Already known by
8 > some of us from his excellent work on dynusers[1] during this years
9 > Summer of Code he now comes onboard to put it in the tree and
10 > maintaining it,
11
12 Well in that case, my brother here, bugzilla, wants to say hi too :p
13
14 > apart from having implemented GLEP 27 he has previously
15 > contributed some ebuilds, such as net-im/zephyr. He'll no doubt take up
16 > some more interesting stuff besides dynusers, that is, if he finds time.
17
18 Time is a theory, but Gentoo devs all know there's no such thing
19
20 > Although he is taking a gap year before returning as a fourth year
21 > student at CMU he keeps busy by doing watersports. Yes, watersports. I
22 > took a double take at that one, before realising he was talking about
23 > water polo and swimming. He comes prepared, Boy Scout and all!
24
25 Mmmmm wakeboarding
26
27 > I of course am most thrilled to find that we've another developer with a
28 > keen interest in the human brain, he may not be able to read your mind
29
30 s/not be able to/not want to/
31
32 Yah, try not to analyze me too much.. you'll end up going insane yourself
33
34 > but he does speak bash, C, C++, Java, Perl and some sml.
35
36 I tried speaking perl to one of my dates.. I got slapped :(
37
38 > So yeah, buy him a pint and welcome him onboard!
39
40 SMTP, IMAP and POP3 don't support that.
43 Chris White
44 Gentoo Developer aka:
45 ChrisWhite cpw
46 ChrisWhite|Work WhiteChocolate