From: Henti Smith <bain@×××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] security updating automation.
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:51:08
1 There was some discussion a while ago with regards to security patching of gentoo.
2
3 Of the suggestions one was to add a security switch to emerge to scan for packages that need security updates. Is this
4 planned or suggested or something, since I'm going to start working on a seperate package to do just that, since maintaining
5 my servers with security updates are becoming a problem and a package that can scan a whole machine and tag packages for update that only have security
6 updates is really something I need.
7
8 The package I want to start building will be very basic at first.
9
10 First off it creates a list of all packages installed on system not just world or system and then using this
11 list compare the versions installed with a reference list which I'll possibly have to maintain myself.
12
13 Any suggestions or help would be welcomed since i've never done any python work ;P
16 Henti Smith
17 bain@×××××××.za
18 Senior Administrator
19 The Computer-Smith Networking