From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, agenkin@××××××.com
Cc: Spider <spider@g.o>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:41:01
1 I received this message a couple of days ago.
2
3 Tom Veldhouse
4
5 ----- Original Message -----
6 From: <agenkin@××××××.com>
7 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
8 Cc: "Spider" <spider@g.o>; "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
9 Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 12:04 PM
10 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] alsa 0.9.0_rc3
13 > "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net> writes:
14 >
15 > > I second that. It actually works better than rc2 for emu10k1 cards.
16 > > There was some distortion with rc2 that seems to be fixed in rc3.
17 >
18 > There are *build time* problems with the alsa-driver package for rc3
19 > (bug #7291). This is the only reason that the rc3 ebuilds are still
20 > masked. If the driver compiles for you, then, indeed, it works very
21 > nicely.
22 >
23 > Note that at some point another dev unmasked rc3 by accident. Within
24 > the next several hours I received three bug reports of failed
25 > compilations. ;^) So, in other words, I don't feel right about
26 > unmasking rc3 quite yet.
27 > --
28 > Arcady Genkin : CDF sysadmin :
29 http://cdf.toronto.edu/~agenkin/contact.html
30 >
31 > guilt is the cause of more disauders
32 > than history's most obscene marorders (E.E.
33 Cummings)
35 > gentoo-dev mailing list
36 > gentoo-dev@g.o