From: agenkin@××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Spider <spider@g.o>, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] alsa 0.9.0_rc3
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:04:58
1 "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net> writes:
2
3 > I second that. It actually works better than rc2 for emu10k1 cards.
4 > There was some distortion with rc2 that seems to be fixed in rc3.
5
6 There are *build time* problems with the alsa-driver package for rc3
7 (bug #7291). This is the only reason that the rc3 ebuilds are still
8 masked. If the driver compiles for you, then, indeed, it works very
9 nicely.
10
11 Note that at some point another dev unmasked rc3 by accident. Within
12 the next several hours I received three bug reports of failed
13 compilations. ;^) So, in other words, I don't feel right about
14 unmasking rc3 quite yet.
15 --
16 Arcady Genkin : CDF sysadmin : http://cdf.toronto.edu/~agenkin/contact.html
17
18 guilt is the cause of more disauders
19 than history's most obscene marorders (E.E. Cummings)