From: Stroller <root@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Speaking of new kernels being added to the tree
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:03:03
1 On 3 Oct 2003, at 4:34 pm, Brian Jackson wrote:
2 > There will probably be a few -sources removed. But the decision of
3 > what is not
4 > made yet.
5
6 I was clearly under a misapprehension here. I rather assumed that
7 Gentoo-sources were the only ones maintained by the Gentoo -dev team. I
8 rather assumed that in the case of vanilla-sources & all the others
9 `emerge some-sources` simply downloaded a complete set of kernel
10 sources from some repository & then unzipped them.
11
12 Could someone please clarify what I'm failing to understand..?
13 Are wolk-, redhat-, secure-, mm- & ck-sources not distributed as
14 complete tarballs..?
15
16 Stroller.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list