From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:35:40
1 Jakub Moc wrote: [Sat Nov 19 2005, 02:11:19AM CST]
2 > Grrrmhhh, was it so much unclear? I mean: "stable on x86" definitely
3 > belongs to changelogs, while "stable on x86, thanks Jim for opening a
4 > keywording bug, Jack and Jim for testing and Joe for reminding me five
5 > times to mark it finally stable when I forgot about it" does NOT.
6
7 I personally think: "stable on $arch, thanks to Jim and Jack (Bug
8 #$bug)" satisfies the desired property of terseness while still suitably
9 acknowledging those who have done the work. Moreover, there's been an
10 informal policy of acknowledging helpful users in ChangeLogs for years
11 now.
12
13 > It's the responsibility of the developer who keyworded the thing anyway, ATs
14 > are not allowed to keyword stuff and don't have RW CVS access, so what is the
15 > purpose of tracking such stuff in changelogs and cluttering them? Use CVS
16 > commit messages to track such things if you think you need it.
17
18 I generally suggest that devs follow agriffis' lead and use a tool that
19 generates the CVS commit message from the ChangeLog message.
20
21 -g2boojum-
22 --
23 Grant Goodyear
24 Gentoo Developer
25 g2boojum@g.o
26 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
27 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76