From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: "Stephen P. Becker" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:13:58
1 19.11.2005, 5:30:35, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2
3 >> Testing ebuilds when keywording/marking stable is supposed to be
4 >> mandatory and such stuff does not belong into changelogs.
5
6 > Sorry, but that's a big no. People that add/remove keywords without
7 > making note in the Changelog deserve a massive kick in the nuts. I'm
8 > not sure if you have been paying attention to Changelogs, but all of the
9 > sane arches have and will continue to make such entries.
10
11 > -Steve
12
13 Grrrmhhh, was it so much unclear? I mean: "stable on x86" definitely belongs to
14 changelogs, while "stable on x86, thanks Jim for opening a keywording bug, Jack
15 and Jim for testing and Joe for reminding me five times to mark it finally
16 stable when I forgot about it" does NOT.
17
18 It's the responsibility of the developer who keyworded the thing anyway, ATs
19 are not allowed to keyword stuff and don't have RW CVS access, so what is the
20 purpose of tracking such stuff in changelogs and cluttering them? Use CVS
21 commit messages to track such things if you think you need it.
24 jakub