From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] some ideas
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:00:39
1 On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:31:08PM -0700, Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > Second, I think we should write a document (kind of a Gentoo-HOWTO)
4 > that defines a standard file naming convention for everything that
5 > goes into the CVS tree (like patches and other auxillary files), and
6 > explain where everything thats installed should go, how to format your
7 > ebuild file, rules on how certain things should be done in ebuild
8 > files, etc. That way, we can make the portage tree completely
9 > self-consistent. If you want, I can start writing something like this,
10 > and then you guys can give me more ideas to put in it or tell me what
11 > I should change.
12
13 Yes, please start working on this and give us frequent updates on your
14 progress. Thanks :)
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
18 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
19 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.