From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Official overlay support
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:36:54
1 On 3/23/06, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > Think about it this way, what if we had two competing products in the
3 > tree that do the same thing, with the same file names? We would add a
4 > blocker, no? So what mechanism is there to ensure that there's no
5 > "blocking" issues between an official in-tree project, and these
6 > external overlays that are not in the tree? With the tree, we have a
7 > well-defined policy on this. What policy would we use for the overlays?
10 What about if we just skip your "policies" and let the overlays be a
11 free place where people can handle issues how they think it is right
12 for the specific case and not how $super_dev said somewhere. That is
13 what overlays are about, not?
14
15 - Stefan
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list