From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: [RFC] Masterplan for solving LINGUAS problems
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 18:20:33
1 Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > Dnia 31 maja 2016 23:34:07 CEST, "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
4 > napisał(a):
5 >>How can I select different linguas for individual packages with this
6 >>approach?
7 >
8 > Using the currently available mechanisms you could use package.env to
9 > alter INSTALL_MASK, e.g.:
10 >
11 > /etc/portage/env/german:
12 > INSTALL_MASK="@l10n -@l10n-de"
13 >
14 > /etc/portage/package.env:
15 > dev-foo/* german
16 >
17 > However, we will probably deploy a convenient package.install_mask file.
18
19 OK, just to get this right. I always want English locale, for GUI apps also
20 German and sometimes even French (office apps). Therefore I should set in
21 future something along:
22
23 /etc/portage/make.conf:
24 LINGUAS="en de fr"
25 INSTALL_MASK="@l10n -@l10n-en"
26
27 /etc/portage/env/add-de:
28 INSTALL_MASK="@l10n -@l10n-en -@l10n-de"
29
30 /etc/portage/env/add-de-fr:
31 INSTALL_MASK="@l10n -@l10n-en -@l10n-de -@l10n-fr"
32
33 /etc/portage/package.env:
34 dev-foo-gui/* add-de
35 dev-bar-office/* add-fr
36
37 Sounds reasonable to me. It's just no longer obvious(*) which packages
38 actually support different languages.
39
40 (*) Boldly assuming all packages provide the correct info currently ;-)
41
42 Cheers,
43 Jörg