From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Re: Item for 10 Jan 2008 Council meeting
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 22:03:52
1 > Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 09-01-2008 13:03:13 -0800, Chrissy Fullam wrote:
3 > > You have a negative history with wolf31o2, and the details of which
4 > > quite frankly should be kept off this mailing list. ...
5 > > Let's take this discussion elsewhere.
6 >
7 > IMHO, you have a very big conflict of interest in this issue.
8 > Why do you (for the second time) handle a case like this
9 > one, and not someone else from devrel?
10 >
11 > I have a hard time to take your message as an objective and
12 > unbiased one.
13
14 I apologize if my email was not clear enough for you. I never said that I
15 would, nor have any intention to, handle this case personally. I do however
16 feel that a dispute/disagreement between two developers should not be taken
17 to the mailing lists. Please let me be clear, I did not say I would
18 personally handle this nor do I have any intention of personally handling
19 this. My intent is to assign someone to attempt mediation. If mediation
20 efforts fail, it will be escalated as per policy.
21
22 I appreciate your opinion and your right to have such an opinion, however, I
23 have a hard time understanding your reason for said opinion. I would expect
24 any person to be able to say 'enough' and 'lets take this elsewhere.' If you
25 feel that a person in DevRel can have no relationship with any other
26 developer, friendship or otherwise, then you are sadly mistaken. And having
27 any sort of relationship with any other developer does not then cloud your
28 ability to think; if it does then that person has a host of problems to
29 contend with, Gentoo being the least of them.
30
31 Kind regards,
32 Christina Fullam
33 Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations
36 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list