From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sources for the entire OS
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 01:27:52
1 On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:09:02 -0700
2 Kaarthik Sivakumar <kaarthik@×××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > But that would give me the source tarballs for *all* the packages. I
5 > guess I just want sources for stuff like glibc, utils like find, grep,
6 > etc which tend to form the base OS. I could do that on a per-package
7 > basis, like 'emerge glibc -f', etc but I was hoping for a meta-port (I
8 > am not sure what it is called here) that has all of this. (I am still
9 > learning how to use portage and its various utilities; I am a gentoo
10 > user since about 4 days now, coming from FreeBSD).
11
12 emerge -ef system
13
14 Marius
19 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
20 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.