From: Kaarthik Sivakumar <kaarthik@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sources for the entire OS
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 01:09:13
1 Peter Johanson wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 05:42:30PM -0700, Kaarthik Sivakumar wrote:
3 >
4 >>Hi
5 >>
6 >>I am not sure if this is the right list. -dev is for developers in
7 >>general or just developers working ON gentoo? If this is the wrong list
8 >>please point me to the right one. Thanks.
9 >>
10 >>Is there a way to get the entire sources for all of the base OS, not
11 >>just the kernel? Like in the BSDs, where under /usr/src you have the
12 >>entire source for the entire OS that you can build and install and you
13 >>will have a full OS. On my gentoo box, under /usr/src I only have the
14 >>linux kernel sources. Thanks.
17 > you can get the source *tarballs* placed into /usr/portage/distfiles by
18 > doing something like "emerge -e world -f".
19
20 But that would give me the source tarballs for *all* the packages. I
21 guess I just want sources for stuff like glibc, utils like find, grep,
22 etc which tend to form the base OS. I could do that on a per-package
23 basis, like 'emerge glibc -f', etc but I was hoping for a meta-port (I
24 am not sure what it is called here) that has all of this. (I am still
25 learning how to use portage and its various utilities; I am a gentoo
26 user since about 4 days now, coming from FreeBSD).
27
28 kaarthik
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list