From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] nano removed from system?
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 02:28:09
1 On Monday 08 September 2003 10:27, Spider wrote:
2 > begin quote
3 > On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:08:23 +0900
4 >
5 > Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > > However, checking /etc/make.profile/packages, I find that nano has in
7 > > fact been removed. In fact, there isn't any editor listed as part of
8 > > the base system. Is this correct?
9 >
10 > Nope. thats incorrect. :
11 > *virtual/editor
12 > is listed in packages, which will be satisfied by any editor providing
13 > just that. "editor"
14 >
15 > and the virtuals file gives:
16 > virtual/editor app-editors/nano
17 > that nano is the default editor if no other is installed.
18
19 Well, I've confirmed that this is the case on my system. However...
20
21 As I said in my other post, app-editors/xemacs is installed due to something
22 depending on it. It seems that because xemacs is installed and necessary and
23 nano is installed but not in the world file, depclean wants to get rid of
24 nano. This seems like normal correct behaviour to me.
25
26 What I was wondering about was whether nano should be listed in the world file
27 on a fresh installation. All the other virtuals that get satisfied during
28 installation are installed manually, no? Perhaps an editor should be
29 installed manually as well... BTW this not a vi vs. nano type question ;-)
30
31 Regards,
32 Jason
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list