From: scott worley <folokai@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] db fails to build during cd install
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 19:39:13
1 On 24 Dec 2001 00:26:51 +0200
2 Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 2001-12-23 at 22:48, Daniel Robbins wrote:
5 > > On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 12:32:26PM -0800, scott worley wrote:
6 > > > Hi,
7 > > >
8 > > > Don't know if I caused this by adding USE flags during CD
9 install...
10 > > >
11 > > > db-3.2.3h-r4.ebuild fails complaining there is no c++ compiler. I
12 > > > checked gcc ebuild and it has languages=c. Started over booting
13 CD,
14 > > > untarring tbz2, partitions, etc. After emerge rsync edited gcc
15 ebuild
16 > > > file and changed to languages=c,c++
17 > >
18 > > [snip]
19 > >
20 > > > I did add many USE flags...
21 > > > removed USE kde
22 > > > added USE gtkhtml bonobo java pdflib sse oss
23 > >
24 > > I think you also added "build", which tells gcc to not build a c++
25 compiler.
26 > > Remove it from your USE setting and re-bootstrap and this problem
27 will go away.
30 > uhm, also remember to do the:
31 >
32 > emerge system
33 >
34 > after bootstrap, else the complete glibc, gcc and so on wont
35 > be build.
38 > Greetings,
39 >
40 > --
41 >
42 > Martin Schlemmer
43 > Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
44 > Cape Town, South Africa
47 Thanks for the replies.
48
49 I did check my USE flags and 'boot' was not present. Started over and
50 used the default set of USE flags and everything built. One or more of
51 the flags I added, (gtkhtml, pdflib, java, tcltk, etc.) required
52 db-3.2.3h-r4 to be built during the bootstrap. With the default USE
53 flags this didn't happen. Actually, I observed db-3.2.3h-r4 being built
54 successfully when I emerge'd the kernel source.
55
56 Did encounter another problem. Baselayout seems to be missing several
57 utilities such as mount and ps. When I finished setting up grub and
58 rebooting the system halts because it can't find ps. There were a few
59 other errors on the screen such as random number generator setup failed
60 and for some reason filesystem corruption on / which is xfs. I made
61 sure to emerge xfsprogs & xfsdump and to compile the kernel with xfs
62 support(not module) before exiting chroot. Also unmounted everything
63 after exiting chroot and before rebooting. This is my first experience
64 with xfs, is this normal on the first boot of an xfs filesystem?
65
66 TIA
67 scott
68 folokai@×××××××××.net