From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] db fails to build during cd install
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:35:25
1 On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 05:38:54PM -0800, scott worley wrote:
2
3 > I did check my USE flags and 'boot' was not present.
4
5 That's "build", not "boot".
6
7 > Started over and used the default set of USE flags and everything built. One
8 > or more of the flags I added, (gtkhtml, pdflib, java, tcltk, etc.) required
9 > db-3.2.3h-r4 to be built during the bootstrap. With the default USE flags
10 > this didn't happen. Actually, I observed db-3.2.3h-r4 being built
11 > successfully when I emerge'd the kernel source.
12
13 > Did encounter another problem. Baselayout seems to be missing several
14 > utilities such as mount and ps. When I finished setting up grub and
15 > rebooting the system halts because it can't find ps. There were a few
16 > other errors on the screen such as random number generator setup failed
17 > and for some reason filesystem corruption on / which is xfs. I made
18 > sure to emerge xfsprogs & xfsdump and to compile the kernel with xfs
19 > support(not module) before exiting chroot. Also unmounted everything
20 > after exiting chroot and before rebooting. This is my first experience
21 > with xfs, is this normal on the first boot of an xfs filesystem?
22
23 It sounds like you didn't "emerge system" as indicated in the instructions.
24 mount is in the standard "util-linux" package, and "ps" in in "procps". Both
25 would have been merged if you had done an emerge system.
26
27 Best Regards,
30 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
31 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org