From: scott worley <folokai@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] db fails to build during cd install
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:57:09
1 On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:35:25 -0600
2 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 05:38:54PM -0800, scott worley wrote:
5 >
6 > > I did check my USE flags and 'boot' was not present.
7 >
8 > That's "build", not "boot".
9 >
10 > > Started over and used the default set of USE flags and everything
11 built. One
12 > > or more of the flags I added, (gtkhtml, pdflib, java, tcltk, etc.)
13 required
14 > > db-3.2.3h-r4 to be built during the bootstrap. With the default USE
15 flags
16 > > this didn't happen. Actually, I observed db-3.2.3h-r4 being built
17 > > successfully when I emerge'd the kernel source.
18 >
19 > > Did encounter another problem. Baselayout seems to be missing
20 several
21 > > utilities such as mount and ps. When I finished setting up grub and
22 > > rebooting the system halts because it can't find ps. There were a
23 few
24 > > other errors on the screen such as random number generator setup
25 failed
26 > > and for some reason filesystem corruption on / which is xfs. I made
27 > > sure to emerge xfsprogs & xfsdump and to compile the kernel with xfs
28 > > support(not module) before exiting chroot. Also unmounted
29 everything
30 > > after exiting chroot and before rebooting. This is my first
31 experience
32 > > with xfs, is this normal on the first boot of an xfs filesystem?
33 >
34 > It sounds like you didn't "emerge system" as indicated in the
35 instructions.
36 > mount is in the standard "util-linux" package, and "ps" in in
37 "procps". Both
38 > would have been merged if you had done an emerge system.
39 >
40 > Best Regards,
41 >
42 > --