From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:02:15
1 On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 02:41:42PM -0600, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2 > "Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr." <bsder@×××××××.org> writes:
3 >
4 > [...]
5 >
6 > > At the very least, consider Perforce before Bitkeeper. Several of the
7 > > FreeBSD developers seem to use Perforce behind the scenes, and it hasn't
8 > > seemed to provoke even a fraction of the animosity that Bitkeeper does.
11 > "Gentoo Linux will never depend upon a piece of software unless it
12 > conforms to the GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General
13 > Public License or some other license approved by the Open Source
14 > Initiative (OSI.)" -- http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/contract.xml
15 >
16 > I think we can cross Preforce/Bitkeeper off the list based on that.
17 >
18 > Matt
21 I agree.
24 Jon Portnoy