From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Glep 46 Draft: Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:51:13
1 On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:29:58 -0300
2 "Marcelo Góes" <vanquirius@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I am basically mailing this new draft on behalf of Ciaran, I just
7 > ok'd it :-). Please read and comment.
8
9 general comment: Maybe this is an imlementation thing, but it would be
10 good to list the actual DTD for the new upstream tag as the GLEP leaves
11 some things unclear like how often the subtags may appear or if they
12 support any of the metadata.dtd attributes (like version restrictions).
13
14 regarding remote-id, while the GLEP doesn't and shouldn't contain a
15 definite list of types itself we should create/keep a definite list of
16 them in cvs or so, and the GLEP seems like the proper place to define
17 the location of that list.
18
19 Marius
24 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
25 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list