From: Jaco Kroon <jaco@××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Introducing VIDEO_CARDS=iris to virtual/opencl
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 08:33:33
1 Hi,
2
3 As someone with a Radeon / Intel hybrid/dual graphics chip.
4
5 I can only emphasise what Matt says below.  It's a PITA currently.
6
7 Having said that ... I don't see how this can be made simpler, unless we
8 have a tool of sorts that when run on *any* hardware gives you what this
9 needs to be set to, or unconditionally install all possible drivers
10 (something I'd prefer to avoid completely).
11
12 Kind Regards,
13 Jaco
14