From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl question
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 17:21:10
1 Terje Kvernes wrote:
2
3 >>The actual problem was that the @#$@#%@# configuration file for my
4 >>program (the file where $dir gets its value) was in MS-DOS format
5 >>(newline and carriage return), which was causing some very strange
6 >>behavior.
9 > you shouldn't notice this from perl. how are you parsing the
10 > configuration file?
11 >
12 I did not write the application. I am not sure why the carriage return
13 at the end of the line was causing a problem as an argument to opendir,
14 but the most irritating part was that when I printed out $dir, strange
15 things could happen, which inhibited my debugging. :-)
16
17 Chad
18
19 P.S. if you want to see the code, it is a package called petrovich
20 (hosted at sourceforge), and I will be checking it into app-misc
21 sometime this weekend.