From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: rich0@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: zsh completions -- optional or mandatory?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:57:43
1 On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 01:17:02PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 12:51 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > The other method is shown by dev-vcs/hub at least, and maybe several
5 > > other packages -- e.g. unconditionally installing the completions
6 > > according to our small files installation practice and not reflecting
7 > > the rdepend on app-shells/zsh.
8 >
9 > I'd go with this, since this is how we handle bash.
10 >
11 > Second choice would be to make installing the files USE-conditional
12 > (since zsh is less common), but I wouldn't ever add an RDEPEND for
13 > zsh.
14
15 I like your second choice. That means we are granting exceptions to
16 our small files practice, which I would welcome. I feel much better
17 about telling users to change use flags than telling them to use
18 INSTALL_MASK for changes like this.
19
20 William