From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fw: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's trouble with /bin/sh
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:48:22
Many of these bugs have already been fixed.

Reading through bug 18918, Azarah's comments seem perfectly reasonable
to me, so I think the author of that message was a bit harsh.
Lindstrom's last comment on that bug does seem fairly clear, but I'm
wondering if his proposed fix will break /etc/profile for the zsh (and
any other fancy *sh that might exist that I don't know anything about)?
I do agree that we should try to prevent our /etc/profile from breaking
people's prompts, but I don't want people to lose the distinctive Gentoo
eye-candy, either.

Anybody thoughts?

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 23:19, Spider wrote:
> This erroneously appeared in -user and was appropiately ignored ;-) > > Can somone with a bit more time than I have take a look?
> begin forwarded message: > > Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:14:05 +0200 > From: Björn Lindström <bkhl@×××××××××××××.se> > To: gentoo-user@g.o > Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's trouble with /bin/sh
-- Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Fw: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's trouble with /bin/sh Mark Gordon <×××××××××××××××.uk>
[gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo's trouble with /bin/sh "Björn Lindström" <bkhl@×××××××××××××.se>