From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
Cc: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: Proposal: Declare udev + hotplugd to be the default
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:28:09
1 On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 04:23:53PM +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 >
3 > Actually, it's not that simple in all cases, apparently.
4
5 All cases are special :)
6
7 > I have 2.6.7-gentoo-r1 with the usual plethora of drivers for sound,
8 > framebuffer, DRI, etc, which works pretty well with devfs.
9 >
10 > However, after merging udev (as per our Udev Guide), something funky
11 > happens in boot; all console fonts are erased!
12
13 Odds are dri is the issue here. The DRI people know about this and have
14 some pending patches to add kernel support so that udev works for it.
15
16 If this isn't the problem, please file a bug, if you can figure out
17 which piece is missing.
18
19 thanks,
20