From: tchiwam <tchiwam@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org>
Cc: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-apps is too big
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:31:20
1 Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 19:00 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
7 >>sys-storage: or move stuff to sys-fs?
11 >If we go how sys-fs looks now, mdadm should go to sys-fs as well, as
12 >raidtools, lvm, evms, etc are there already.
16 But these are not really file systems per say, I would say more
17 sys-block or sys-rbm (random block management) or sys-blockdev ...
18
19 >Also, some things are a bit vague, like hdparm might rather go to
20 >sys-hardware.
23 sys-block
24
25 >A thought might be to move all these (except hdparm, etc), as well as
26 >sys-fs to sys-storage rather. If we really go by sys-fs means to me at
27 >least, it probably should only be the fsck's, and devfs/udev that stay
28 >there if any.
32 devfs/udev are in fact pseudofs ... so they could be splitted in the
33 future if ever needed...
34
35 Phil
36 --