From: Andreas Waschbuesch <awaschb@××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Using Gentoo Live CD as a rescue disk
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:11:26
1 cycloon wrote:
2
3 >[Tom Saker wrote:]
4 >> If I understand your website correctly I can use the LiveCD as a
5 >> rescue disk without installing Gentoo onto my hard drive. If this
6 >> is correct where can I find instructions on how to do this. Thank
7 >> you.
8 >
9 > uhm, just put it in your cdrom and start your pc. after a minute you
10 > hav a working gentoo system with lots of system-analyzing tools. Maybe
11 > i misunderstood your Question but it is that easy
12
13 Yes - or seems at least. But what does one do if he/she has none of
14 those three or OK maybe four NICs supported by the iso? Right. Nothing.
15 Those gentoo-isos are for gaming only IMHO. If You want HW support get
16 knoppix.
17
18 -> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix